Call for Applications
Training Workshop on Research Methodology for PhD Candidates, to be held at the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA), 6th – 24th August, 2013, Nairobi, Kenya
The Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA) in collaboration with The Organization for Social Science Research in Eastern and Southern Africa (OSSREA) are delighted to announce a call for applications from PhD candidates for the above mentioned three week non-residential training workshop. We invite doctoral students to apply to a workshop focusing on research methodological issues.
The workshop will cover, among other aspects, the following key aspects of research methods:
• Meaning and Purpose of Research Methods
• Qualitative Research Methods
• Quantitative Research Methods
• Mixed Research Methods
• Writing Research Proposal / Literature review
• Qualitative and Quantitative Data Analysis procedures
• Thesis/report writing/ Results and discussions/ Recommendations (Policy formulation).
• Scholarly writing, Editing, Referencing and Publishing Skills (Papers/Articles)
• Intellectual property rights, research ethics and integrity
• Use of Computer Software to Analyze Quantitative and Qualitative data
We welcome students from a variety of disciplines and must be enrolled in private universities in Kenya to participate, although few needy cases from public universities will be considered. Due to limited opportunities for participation, the selection of the participants will be on competitive basis. Review of applications for the workshop will begin on July15, 2013 until 30 participants are reached. The deadline is August 6, 2013 when the course starts. Note that participants will be expected to meet their travel arrangements to the venue, while meals and teas during sessions will be taken care of by the Catholic University of Eastern Africa in collaboration with OSSREA. No perdiems and travel reimbursements shall be made.
All applications must be send to Prof. Maurice Amutabi at Amutabi@cuea.edu or Amutabi@yahoo.com. Applicants must include the following details:
• Full Names
• Physical, telephone, and email-address
• PhD Programme undertaken and institutional affiliation
ALL GENERAL ENQUIRIES TO BE ADDRESSED TO:
Prof. Maurice N. Amutabi, Convener
The Catholic University of Eastern Africa
P.O BOX 62157-00200 CITY SQUARE
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com